Sunday, April 15, 2012

Cinnamon Crescents

I found the original recipe at one of my favorite sites, Tried-and-True Cooking with Heidi. However, when I saw the recipe, I decided to just "wing" it, and I made the recipe without the specified measurements. If you want the exact amounts, follow the above link to Heidi's site.

On a side note: sometimes I just want breakfast to come out of the oven without a lot of effort. I was going to make eggs and oatmeal this morning, but I was tired after we had a few non-severe storms last night, and I remembered I had seen a recipe like this before. So, I just went with it, and I was happy I did.

Ingredients
1 package crescent rolls
1-2 TBSP butter, melted
sugar
cinnamon
powdered sugar
milk
vanilla extract

So, here's what I did: Unroll the crescent rolls and place them on a baking pan with parchment paper. Spread the inside of the rolls with a little butter, then sprinkle on sugar and cinnamon. Roll the crescents from the wide end to the point. Next, brush the tops of the crescents with a little butter and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon (I don't know why I did this, but you don't have to). Bake at 425 until browned, about 11 minutes. Immediately frost with the glaze. To make the glaze, mix about 1 TBSP of milk with a drop or two of vanilla extract, and add powdered sugar until you reach your desired consistency.

Let the rolls sit for a moment to cool, then eat!

VERDICT: We devoured these!! To try and make breakfast a little healthy, we had milk (well, the guys did) and strawberries. I think it's safe to say we're having a very light lunch today to try and balance the calories. Even little Mason ate two!

No comments: