Thursday, June 21, 2012

Taco-Spiced Grilled Chicken

I know that my interest in posting to this blog is waning; I post most of my recipes to Plan to Eat, so if you want to join me on there, just let me know!

I made these tonight. We just got an outside grill, and I decided we HAD to use it! So, I grilled while Jeff played with Mason in the grass. I slightly adapted this recipe from Real Mom Kitchen

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup Bull's Eye BBQ Sauce
  • 2 Tbsp chili sauce
  • 1/2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp onion flakes
  • 14 oz Bare Chicken Tenders (Usually there are 8 tenders in the package)
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil 
Instructions: Combine the BBQ sauce and chili sauce and let meld. You will be microwaving this. Then, place the chicken tenders and olive oil in a plastic bag and knead until the tenders are covered in oil. Then, add the spices (cumin, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder and onion flakes). Knead again until all pieces are covered. Let marinate for at least 15 minutes. I think ours marinated for 30 minutes.

Preheat your grill during the marination. When hot, add the chicken and allow to sear before turning it down to medium (you don't have to do this, it's just what I do). Grill, turning once, until chicken is done.

Right before you take the chicken off the grill, heat the BBQ sauce and chili sauce in the microwave until hot (I went for 2 minutes, but that was probably too long!). After you take the chicken off the grill, immediately pour the sauce over the chicken and let sit for a few minutes.

Then, eat the VERY tender chicken tenders. This serves 4 people (2 tenders per person) for 5 PointsPlus.

VERDICT: We loved this...er, well, Jeff and I did. Mason still won't eat meat. I will DEFINITELY be making this again.

No comments: